we, as we are, who we are
and what we are
about airtel uganda
airtel was launched in Uganda in June 2010 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
As a mobile operator airtel introduced affordable communication products and services that have transformed millions of Ugandans and businesses.
History of the airtel in Uganda;
CELTEL Uganda was the first Telecommunication Company in Uganda that was introduced in 1995 and transformed telephony by connecting people with the use of a mobile phone.
In July 2007 CELTEL Uganda changed its brand name to ZAIN Uganda that was eventually changed to airtel Uganda in 2010 thus joining a family of over 361 million customers across its operations at the end of May 2016.
- Empowerment; We respect the opinions and decisions of others. We encourage and back people to do their best.
- Entrepreneurship; We always strive to change the status quo. We Innovate with new ideas and energize with a strong passion and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Transparency: We believe we must work with honesty, trust and the innate desire to do good.
- Impact: We are driven by the desire to create a meaningful difference in society.
- Flexibility: We are ever willing to learn and adapt to the environment, our partners and the customer’s evolving needs.
- Our BRAND PROMISE; We will be brave, bold and boundary-less in meeting the emerging needs of our customers. We promise innovative and locally relevant solutions which simplify and delight.
airtel Uganda is indeed a great success story having acquired Warid Telecom in May 2013 and growing to a family of 7.2 Million Customers and investing heavily in network expansion and Innovative IT Systems all in a bid to ensure clear network coverage and excellent customer experience.